Visitor Visa
Form I-102

Application Replacement of Arrival-Departure Record Form I-102

Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Documents are important documentation for non-immigrants arriving in the US. Form I-94W (A Non-Immigrant Visa Waiver Arrival-Departure Record) and Form I-95 (Crewman Landing Permit), for example, are two such documents which show authorities that a traveler has legally entered the US and is allowed to remain within the US for a specific period of time. The documents are important in order to show when someone must leave the US as well. In many cases, travelers will be asked to present the documents when leaving the US as well and may face travel restrictions if they do not have the documents.

If Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Documents are lost, stolen, damaged, or inaccurate, it is important to replace them at once. Failure to do so can mean legal problems as well as a request to leave the US. In many cases, replacing Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Documents involves filing Form I102. In some cases, non-immigrants can also file Form I 102 to get a new non-immigrant arrival-departure document.

It is important to file USCIS Form I-102 (Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document) if you have lost your Form I-94 or I-95 Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document or if your Form I-94 or I-95 has been damaged or stolen. If there is an error on your Form I-94 or I-95 you will also need to file USCIS Form I-102 to replace the document.

USCIS Form I-102 is two pages long and usually requires a $330 filing fee. However, if you are replacing your Form I-94 or I-95 Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document because an error was made on it through no fault of your own, you will not need to pay the fee. You may need to prove that you did not make the error yourself, however.

There are several parts to immigration Form I102. The first part of the application asks the petitioner to explain the reason for the request. The second part of the application provides a list of options which the applicant must fill out. In most cases, applicants will need to supply supporting documentation to show their claim. Any supporting documents that are not in English will need to be translated. It is important to complete the form fully, honestly, and correctly. Mistakes and errors can delay the application process. It is also important to use the latest version of the form and to mail the completed form to the correct address. Where the form must be mailed depends on the US address of the applicant. Today, it is possible to file Form I 102 online as well, which allows applicants to be informed of USCIS decisions and get updates about the status of the application online.