How to extend B2 visa

 Wed, Sep 25th, 11:12 PM

People obtain a B2 visa when they enter the United States temporarily for leisure, tourism or medical treatment. This is also known as a visitor visa. To apply for a visitor visa, you must apply at the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest you. The visitor visa is usually issued for a period of six months. USCIS […]

How to bring parents to the United States as Permanent Residents

 Wed, Sep 18th, 03:58 PM

U.S. citizens and permanent residents can both sponsor family members for permanent residency. But there is a distinction in who citizens and permanent residents can sponsor. If you want to sponsor your parents for permanent residency (a green card), you must determine if you’re eligible. Green Card for Parents Eligibility To petition for your parents (mother or […]

How Does One Obtain a Copy of a Naturalization Certificate

 Thu, Sep 12th, 03:50 PM

When a naturalized US citizen needs to have a Certificate of Naturalization “authenticated” by the U.S. State Department for use by Foreign Governments/Embassies, USCIS can copy the document and certify it as a true copy. “Authentication” is a term used by the U.S. Department of State and other Governments to describe what USCIS refers to […]

What is the application for a reentry permit?

 Thu, Sep 5th, 11:53 PM

A lawful permanent resident (LPR) normally may travel outside the United States and return. However, there are some limitations. A reentry permit can help prevent two types of problems: •Your Permanent Resident Card becomes technically invalid for reentry into the United States if you are absent from the United States for 1 year or more. […]

Dual Citizenship Process

 Wed, Aug 21st, 03:42 PM

Dual citizenship means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Each country has its own citizenship laws based on its own policy. Persons may have dual citizenship by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen […]

Fee Waiver Guidelines

 Wed, Aug 14th, 03:41 PM

Funding for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) depends largely on USCIS application and petition fees they amass. Recognizing that some applicants cannot pay the filing fees, USCIS established a fee waiver process for certain forms and benefit types. The only reason the USCIS will approve a fee waiver if the applicant demonstrates inability […]

Immigration and Citizenship Process

 Thu, Aug 8th, 12:12 AM

U.S. citizenship provides many rights, but also involves many responsibilities. Thus, the decision to become a U.S. citizen through naturalization is important. In most cases, a person who wants to naturalize must first be a permanent resident. By becoming a U.S. citizen, you gain many rights that permanent residents or others do not have, including […]

How to get approval for I-485

 Mon, Jul 29th, 10:40 PM

Approval time of Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, varies dramatically from case to case, and from processing center to processing center. It also depends on your petition category, such as K1 (fiancé) visa, or Employment Based categories such as EB2 or EB3. The backlogs I-485 processing used to be caused […]

Can I Appeal a Denied Immigration Petition?

 Mon, Jul 22nd, 09:51 PM

You will receive a letter from USCIS if your immigration petition or application is denied. The letter will explain the reason(s) for the denial and if you may file a motion or appeal of the denial decision.  Remember that many petitions, if they are denied, and applications have motion and appeal rights. What are Motions and […]